Gold Standard T&L
Gold Standard Teaching and Learning
Goal Orientated (Planning for Progress)
- Starter Task in every lesson.
- Blooms, learning objectives displayed clearly.
- Students understand the Big Picture, what they are learning and why.
- Links to RIC (Resilience, Independence and Confidence).
- Highly effective and varied questioning.
Open dialogue (Feedback for improvement).
- Regular assessment and feedback.
- Literacy marking in line with literacy stickers.
- Student response to feedback (DIRT) using green pen.
- Self and peer-assessment used to develop independence.
- Progress tracked on student’s assessment maps
- Positive Learning Environment created by mutually respectful relationships.
- Adults consistently model the values of the school and support curriculum intent.
- Reward effort and resilience by providing opportunities for students to speculate, investigate, and make mistakes.
- Pride is shown in their learning through the presentation of work.
Differentiation for Challenge and support
- Data and student information is used to plan for individual needs.
- Stretch and challenge is provided for High Ability students.
- Oracy in the classroom is a priority; students respond to questions or contributions in full sentences (talk for writing).
- Additional intervention provided for those who need it.